Systems Security Analyst- Omaha, NE
Posted On: 1/31/2013
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Omaha, NE
Reed & Associates, CPAs, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Systems Security Analyst in their Omaha, NE office. This position is responsible for the on-going maintenance of information security policies, procedures, and technical systems in order to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all Reed information systems. The Architect will maintain and monitor the system security program and ensure the implementation of necessary safeguards to comply with contractual parameters of engagements and contracts. The Analyst works closely with IT operations and has limited responsibility for operation, maintenance or development.
As called out by individual contracts, the candidate ensures compliance with Federal Guidance and industry best practices by:
- Maintaining the IT system security program and ensuring that necessary safeguards are in place and working.
- Coordinating system security activities throughout the project or contract organization.
- Validating that IT system security requirements are considered during budget development and execution.
- Reviewing compliance IAW federal policies and procedures and reporting vulnerabilities to corporate management and government security offices.
- Maintaining an incident response capability, investigating system security breaches, and reporting significant problems to corporate management and where appropriate or required to client’s security office.
- Validating that technical and operational security controls are incorporated into new IT systems by participating in all business planning groups and reviewing all new systems/installations and major changes.
- Validating that IT systems security requirements are included in Requests for Proposal (RFP) and subcontracts involving the handling, processing, and analysis of data with Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of Moderate.
- Planning for system security enhancements or changes for potential handling of data with a CIA of Moderate.
- Maintaining systems security documentation in the System Security Profile for review by government and external auditors.
- Completing Risk Assessments for new system development and implementation.
- Ensuring that an operational IT Systems Contingency Plan is in place and tested.
- Documenting and updating the monthly Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M).
The candidate is responsible for corporate system security IAW corporate policies and procedures and industry best practices. This includes:
- Developing and coordinating Corporate Disaster Recovery Planning.
- Keeping all elements of System Security Profile secure.
- Coordinating system security activities across contracts to provide a holistic security program.
- Cooperating in all official external evaluations of the business partner's system security program.
- Establishing and arranging appropriate safety and control measures with local fire, police, and health agencies for handling emergencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Health Information Systems, or a related field of study.
- Security Certification preferred: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information System Security Professional (CISM), Certified in Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS) or other related certification.
- A minimum of three (3) years of information security experience, including program analysis, development, and testing.
- Solid knowledge of information technology and security including firewalls, VPN’s, penetration testing, intrusion detection, and other information security devices and services.
- Knowledge of risk management investigation and root cause analysis processes.
- Proven analytical and research skills to define and solve problems.
- Ability to negotiate in a variety of situations and maintain objectivity and professionalism in difficult situations.
- Ability to quickly assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Ability to educate the workforce and present information to colleagues and senior leadership.
- Proven skills in interpreting and applying ethical standards; federal and state laws and regulations; rules; policies and procedures; and professional practice standards for information systems security program activities.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills as they will be expected to draft complex documentation and present security concepts and plans to executive level personnel both internally and externally.
- Ability to develop/maintain interpersonal relationships.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook.
- Not currently sanctioned or excluded from any program operated by Federal or State Agencies including Medicare and Medicaid.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background investigation.
- Health operations experience
- Knowledge of Medicare, managed care, or insurance
- In-depth knowledge of federal guidelines surrounding HIPAA and HITECH.
- Knowledge of healthcare organization operations, ethical principles, and information systems security program elements.
For consideration, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reed & Associates, CPAs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
« Back to Main List